Looking for a fun and exciting summer camp for your kids?
Toronto Island SUP is hosting its first Island Adventure Camp for kids ages 8 -14. This unique camp offers an amazing opportunity for kids to experience the thrill of stand up paddle boarding and kayaking while also making new friends and learning valuable skills. The Island Adventure Camp incorporates self awareness, science, nature and team work to create a community thats passionate about exploring the natural world.
At Toronto Island SUP, we have always been passionate about working with youth and sharing our love of the water through stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking. In previous years, we have led programs such as the “Kids SUP & Surf” after-school program, the “Williow Walk” and the “Chill Foundation” teaching children to learn, grow and explore the environment in a safe and fun manner. This year, we have taken what we have done in the past and built a unique outdoor summer camp experience for children to get active and gain confidence on the water.
“Our mission at Island Adventure Kids camp is to provide kids ages 8 -14 with experiences on the water to develop personal growth, compassion, resiliency and authenticity.”
Learning to Paddleboard and Kayak
The main focus of the Island Adventure Camp is, of course, learning to paddleboard and kayak. Kids will receive expert instruction on how to stand, balance, and maneuver their boards. They'll learn how to navigate through calm waters and even how to catch some waves. Paddleboarding is a great way for kids to stay active and build strength and endurance. Plus, it's just plain fun!
Meet the Team
Geninne Tatum Bridge is our Summer Camp Director. She has been working with Toronto Island SUP since 2022 and has 17 years of experience working with children and youth in religious education. Geninne specializes in youth work and development and has been involved in equipping and empowering the volunteerism of staff by providing memorable, positive, long-lasting experiences for the organization. Geninne loves working with children and youth as they explore the outdoors and engage in spiritual and global awareness of themselves and the world. Geninne developed an interest in Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) and Kayaking in 2020 and quickly adapted to the sport. She saw the opportunity to provide children and youth with the adventure of SUP and expand their experiences in the outdoors.
Julian Ganton is the owner of Toronto Island SUP Inc. (TISUP) and an International Surf Association SUP Instructor. He has many years of experience working with children through various roles. In the past he has worked for Canadian International Student Services where he developed a Wilderness Education Program, was Head of Waterfront and eventually became Assistant Director of Lakefield Camp International. He also holds a diploma in Early Childhood Education and a Degree in Kinesiology & Health Science.
- Day camps are 5 days in length (Monday to Friday) and start each Monday in July.
- Daily schedule and dates are listed below.
- Kids will be provided with ferry tickets as part of their registration.
- Kids will be required to swim at a basic skill level (SWIMMING SKILLS: Essential swimming skills include being able to enter the water and resurface, controlling breathing, floating, turning, and moving to safety in the water and exiting.)
- Kids will be required to bring their own lunch. We are unable to accommodate diverse dietary requirements.
Price per child = $250 ($100 non-refundable deposit + $150)
CANCELLATION: Per sign up, the $100 deposit is non-refundable. To cancel and receive a refund for the remaining $150, a minimum notice of one week is required.
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 1: Begins on July 3, 2023
9:00 AM - Ferry to Wards Island (Ferry schedule pending)
9:15 AM - Activity Period 1 (Warm Up - Yoga)
9:45 AM - Activity Period 2 (Lesson - PFDs)
10:15 AM - Activity Period 3 (On the water)
11:45 AM - Activity Period 4 (Off the water)
12:00 PM - Lunch (Bring Your Own Lunch!)
1:00 PM - Rest Hour (Indoor crafts)
2:00 PM - Activity Period 5 (On the water)
3:15 PM - Activity Period 6 (Eco - Tour)
4:00 PM - Activity Period 7 (Lesson)
4:30 PM - Ferry to the City (Ferry schedule pending)
All participants must sign a waiver before arriving to their booking. Link to the e-waiver can be found below.
- After completing your booking you will receive an automatic email outlining your next steps. If you don't receive the email (check your junk mail first), click here for further instructions.
- Please arrive on time. We may not be able to extend your booking if you arrive too late.
- Experiences are subject to inclement weather. If it is deemed unsafe to be on the water, we will cancel your booking and you will receive a full refund